Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mega update

Yeah I know I've been slack, so I thought I'd make it up to you guys.

Sea of Deprivation - Catharsis in Disharmony

Sea of Deprivation are a 3 piece sludgey crust band from Arizona featuring members of Misanthropic (another sludge/crust band). Basically think Dystopia except more pissed. If you like Dystopia you are going to love this, and Phil and Ben sound just like Dino and Mauz. Check it.

Dystopia - Dystopia
Dystopia/Skaven 12"
Dystopia - The Aftermath...
Dystopia - Human = Garbage

Figured I'd post some of them, considering they're my second favourite band and all. Dystopia were a sludgey crust band formed in Orange County by Dino, Mauz and Todd in like 1991. They released 1 LP, 3 EP's, though all the songs from the Backstabber EP are on the Aftermath EP, which is epic. They also released a couple of splits with bands like Grief, Embittered, Suffering Luna and Skaven. I'm posting the Skaven one but if anyone wants the other three I've got them lying around somewhere.

Carcinogen - Kure

Carcinogen was the band Dino was in before he was in Dystopia. They were a 3 piece grindy death metal band which was active in the early 90's and broke up in like 92/93. They released this demo and they also released a promo which I can't be bothered looking for, I'll put it up later when I have it.

California Love - Can't Waste Death
California Love - Reaping the Whirlwind

California Love are a powerviolence band from Oakland, California. They basically sound like a more grind influenced powerviolence band from the 90s. Check it.

Coke Bust - Fuck Bar Culture
Coke Bust - Cycle of Violence

Coke Bust are a straight edge hardcore band formed in 2006 in DC. I'm not usually a fan of the modern scene but this rips, the powerviolence influences make it great. Get it now.

Heresy - Face Up to It!

Heresy were a faaaast hardcore band formed in Stoke, UK in 1985. This is my favourite release of theirs, but don't get me wrong all their other stuff rips. I just can't be bothered uploading it. Get it.

Zounds - The Curse of Zounds

Zounds were an anarchist post-punk band formed in 1977 in the UK. Their main influences being the Velvet Underground and Sex Pistols (Sex Pistols suck, but seriously this sounds nothing like them and is tonnes better), Zounds recorded their first EP in 1980 called Can't Cheat Karma. Like a year after The Curse of Zounds was released. Seriously you need this album. I don't care if you don't like post-punk get this now.

That's it for this post thing. Next up probably Kylesa.

7 comments:

  1. wow, cool post with so many legendary stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was missing that Sea of Deprivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff I gotta get that Carcinogen. Also, get the Coke Bust 2007 Demo from my blog man. Tis' their best material imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for that man, thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete

  5. A licensed Loan Lender, We offer Affordable Loan at 3% interest rate available for local and international borrowers, Are you seriously interested in getting a genuine Loan without stress? Do you need this Loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more details via:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM.

    (1)Full Name:
    (2)Country:
    (3)State:
    (4)Address:
    (5)Sex:
    (6)Occupation:
    (7)Amount needed:
    (8)Loan duration:
    (9)Loan purpose:
    (10)Telephone

    Email Us:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete